Podcast episode number 17 is now live on iTunes. In this podcast episode I interview Brian Leyde who in less than one year is pulling in over $100,000 in profit per month selling physical products on Amazon.com.
Update: March 2014 he hit over $500,000 in sales.
Brian’s success story is amazing and as he shows in this interview, the business model of selling physical products on Amazon has huge potential to scale.
If you’d like to sell physical products on Amazon and avoid all of the hassles and headaches of shipping out product, dealing with refunds etc you’ll love this episode.
Brian teamed up with a business partner and together they have two seller accounts with Amazon so the screenshots are from their two accounts:
Click to enlarge
Boo yah those are some nice stats! Brian shares his profit margin during the podcast episode so be sure to listen for that as well.
April Video Proof Update: Some haters commenters didn’t want to believe the stats Brian shared so he recorded a video where you can see him logging into his account, the pages loading as he clicks links in Amazon Seller Central etc.
Obviously his results are extraordinary, but that’s the beauty of any scalable internet business model. There are no rules that say you can’t do this with a business you build, but at a job you can’t go up to your boss and ask for a raise of this magnitude.
Video Sales Proof
Click the option to view on YouTube if you want higher res.
Note: I also convinced Brian to buy a better mic after he recorded this video lol
Items Discussed In This Episode:
– So far in 2014 Brian has had back to back 6 figure profit months (2 minute mark)
– Brian’s background in accounting (4 minute mark)
– How Brian teamed up with another seller (6 minute mark)
– How products are shipped (7 minute mark)
– How to pick a product (8 minute mark)
– How to source a product (10 minute mark)
– One of my failed businesses and how this model avoids that problem (11 minute mark)
– Brian does this 6 figure profit per month business on the side! (13 minute mark)
– The two main factors that influence sales on Amazon (16 minute mark)
– How to drive Amazon sales using PPC marketing (17 minute mark)
– The huge potential of page 1 listings for product searches (19 minute mark)
– Diversifying into other product lines to reduce risk (23 minute mark)
– What questions customers ask (25.5 minute mark)
– Selling products outside of Amazon (27 minute mark)
– The importance of playing by Amazon’s rules (28 minute mark)
– How much money you need to get started – it’s a lot less than you’d think (31 minute mark)
– What competition is there for private label products? (35 minute mark)
– What happens if you sell a ton of products on Amazon? – They may buy you out (37 minute mark)
– The importance of focusing in on one business once you eventually find success (40 minute mark)
– What websites are available to find products for sale? (41 minute mark)
– What not to do when buying from China (45 minute mark)
– How much the course Brian took helped him out (47 minute mark)
– It is possible to get out of corporate America (49 minute mark)
Want to find out when our Amazon mastermind starts up? Sign up here:
How To Get The Podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or via RSS to get future episodes automatically